All URLs, Endpoints, Users, Items, Orders, and currency/funds within the Sandbox are for testing purposes only. This environment provides production simulation, debugging, reports and ability to monitor API behavior before moving to production.
Note: The beta launch includes the Sandbox Marketplace APIs, including JSON/XML samples (except XML Order samples).
Benefits to using the Walmart API Sandbox
The Sandbox provides the ability to:
- Test the integration process by accessing simulation APIs that you can call from your applications, in realtime.
- Perform basic validations on the feeds, payloads, etc. to lessen data quality issues on production.
- Deploy with confidence as all test failures occur in a safe environment.
- Test in parallel with development to address any issues prior to going live.
- Try out new features and provide feedback before changes are pushed to production.
The Sandbox workflow encourages simulation of the API integration with Walmart. The Sandbox environment works in conjunction with API Explorer and SDK to create greater focus on trying and learning APIs.
The basic Sandbox workflow after registration includes these steps:
- Learn – Read the Developer Center documentation
- Try – Developer Center API Explorer/Swagger, SDK
- Integrate – SDK/Sandbox APIs
- Simulate – Sandbox APIs
- Go Live – Production APIs