The Walmart Marketplace APIs now use OAuth for token-based authentication. All partners should plan to use this method. The benefits of using of token-based authentication include:
- Current standards for API Authentication
- Reduced overhead of creating and signing the digital signature
- Easier integration with Walmart APIs
- Reduced number of headers per API call
The Walmart Developer Portal provides a Delegated Access authorization in order to allow Partners to create separate, delegated access for each of their Solution Providers. All Partners are recommended to implement this feature. Delegated access allows Partners to manage their Solution Providers’ API keys and give them access to specific services (content, items setup, order management, etc.).
The benefits of delegated access include:
- Partners define which endpoints Solution Providers can access.
- Partner can visualize status of all Solution Providers.
- Partner can revoke access of a specific Solution Provider.
- Partner can reset the API secret of a Solution Provider. Resetting the secret will only affect that user’s integrations.