1. As part of enhanced Marketplace Returns Program to simplify the returns experience for both customers and marketplace sellers, returns management and refund APIs are now available. Integration with this program will be required for all marketplace sellers by October 31, 2018.
What is improving for customers?
Customers will be able to clearly see the return policy for each marketplace item on individual item pages.
• Customers will be able to print shipping labels directly from their Walmart.com accounts, as long as their returns are within your specified return window.
• Our customer service team will also be able to help facilitate returns in accordance with your requirements.
What is improving for sellers?
• New functionality will make it easier, faster and more efficient for you to manage returns on our platform.
• As a seller, you will continue to be able to configure the return policy for every item you sell, including the settings for restocking fees, shipping carriers, return windows and shipping fees.
• You will also have the option to use our Returns Shipping Service, which offers special discounted shipping rates.
Note that the existing order refund API will continue to work and can be used for adjustment workflows where the seller can determine the refund amount and can be used especially for items that will not be part of marketplace returns program like hazmat and freight items.
2. Another feature now available is Marketplace Reconciliations. The two new recons APIs give partners the ability to look up available MP reconciliation reports dates by partner ID and download reconciliation reports by partner id and report date.