To make cost updates with the DSV Cost API, you need to get approval from your Walmart category manager. If you try to use the Cost API without approval, it returns an error.
To request Cost API approval, the DSV needs to submit a request and open a support case:
- Contact your Walmart merchant (category manager) via email to initiate the approval request. You need the email approval from your category manager to submit a support request.
- Create a Partner Support case for internal teams to provide you with access to use the Cost API. Attach the category manager’s approval email to the support case.
- Provide this information to Partner Support for the case:
- Subject: Request Cost API Access
- Integration Questions
- Issues > API > Cost API
- Once your support case is completed, you can access the Cost API to update cost for your items.