Feeds are constructed to handle bulk functions. A Feed consists of an HTTP request with an attached file. The attached file contains the XML representing the objects that need to be created or updated.
To use the Warehouse Supplier APIs, you need to upload the XML or Excel file that contains information about your request.
Once you upload the Feeds, you can use the Feed ID to track the status of the Feeds and the status of the item within those Feeds.
Use the latest XSD to construct the XML payload for the Warehouse Supplier Feed.
Extract the Warehouse Supplier Management XSD file from the following .zip folder:
The API returns the status of the Feed as well as the status of the items as part of the Feed. A processed Feed can have the following status:
- RECEIVED: The Feed has been received by the Walmart gateway but the (asynchronous) processing has not yet started.
- INPROGRESS: The element processing in the Feed has begun but is not yet completed.
- PROCESSED: The element processing in the Feed is complete. Nothing is implied about the status of the individual elements.
- ERROR: The Feed, as a whole, has failed. No elements within the Feed were processed.
If a request returns a Feed Status of INPROGRESS, you should continue to call until a different status is retrieved. The recommended calling intervals are as follows: Item Feeds – 15 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours and every 4 hours.
The ingestion statuses are set at a per-object level.
- DATA_ERROR: There is either a malformed XML error, or system data is missing. If the XML passes validation against the relevant XSD and the error persists, contact Walmart Partner Support.
- SYSTEM_ERROR: A downstream Walmart system returned an error to an attempted operation during ingestion. If this error occurs, wait an hour and try again. If the error persists, contact Walmart Partner Support.
- TIMEOUT_ERROR: A downstream Walmart system is not available during ingestion. If this error occurs, wait an hour and try again. If the error persists, contact Walmart Partner Support.
- SUCCESS: The object was ingested successfully.
- INPROGRESS: The ingestion is not complete.