The Walmart Order Management APIs help Drop Ship Vendors stay up to date on order fulfillment.
When a customer places an online order with Walmart, it creates a Sales Order which is used to generate one or more Purchase Orders. The Purchase Orders may be assigned to different DSVs.
Extract the Order Management XSDs: OrderManagement.zip
A Walmart order object represents a Purchase Order and consists of a group of one or more line items. Every unique item has a line number.
Note: The order has no inherent status, but the line items do.
Line Item Status
The valid statuses for a line item are:
- Created: The Purchase Order for the line items are created and have been released from the Walmart Order Management System to Drop Ship Vendors for processing. The order must be acknowledged before shipping.
- Acknowledged: The line item content has been acknowledged by the assigned DSV.
- Shipped: The items of that line of the Purchase Order have been shipped.
- Cancelled: The line item has been canceled. Drop Ship Vendors cannot fulfill the Purchase Order.
The values that support Walmart Charge Types are:
- PRODUCT: The product charges for the specified line item in Purchase Order.
- SHIPPING: The shipping charges for the specified Purchase Order line item. Walmart only supports UTC shipDateTime.
To successfully fulfill and/or refund orders properly, Walmart follows a workflow.