The Item Management APIs enable you to set up and manage items. Once you register, you get access to your Consumer ID and Private Key to get started with the integration process.
The item is the basic building block for all operations. An item includes the item as well as the listing price for the item.
Items must have inventory assigned, be submitted and be published in order to become available for customers to purchase on Walmart.com.
A submitted item is one that has been successfully parsed and classified. The amount of time this takes is typically a few hours.
A published item is one that has had all necessary attributes confirmed and has been back-flushed through all required Walmart systems. Publishing typically takes a few hours.
Submission and publishing occur after a Bulk Upload from the Drop Ship Vendor. Inventory changes, including adding inventory, occur via a different process. A monitoring process should be set up to ensure your items are pushed to Walmart.com.
How to Push Drop Ship Vendor Items
To complete Item Setup, follow the steps below:
- Send an Item feed to Walmart by calling Bulk Upload with an attached XML file. This API call is the starting point of the ingestion/publishing process for each item in the XML file. This call returns a feed ID. Use the feed ID to monitor items that are being ingested.
- You can monitor the status of the feed and the item submission. The API call Get feed and item status includes all details about the feed status. Once the feed has a status of PROCESSED (i.e., the feed is complete), all of the items have either been submitted or have submission errors.
** Note: The first items may be successfully submitted days before the last items are successfully submitted.**
- Step 2 may return errors on individual items. Examine the errors that are returned, check the XML against the XSD and correct errors if any and then mark them for reingestion. If the errors still persist, contact Partner Support.
- Optional: You can change the price of your items using Update a price or Update bulk prices.
- Add inventory using Update inventory or Bulk update inventory.