Sellers can set regular or promotional prices for their items. Setting the Promotional prices is an option to create unique pricing for events such as clearance sales or to call out a comparison price.
The following rules apply to set the promotions:
- The maximum number of promotions for a given item should not be more than 10.
- The effective start date for a given promotion should be more than four hours from the current date and time.
- You cannot cancel a promotion within four hours of the start time. If you want to cancel a promotion that is about to start, you should let it begin and then use the delete an item call.
- You must provide SKU, startDate and endDate.
- A promotion end date cannot be before or equal to the promotion start date.
- The end date of a given promotion should be within 365 days from the current date and time. Any promotions beyond 365 days will result in an error.
- If a promotion schedule is overlapping or the same as other promotions for the same item, it will result in an error.
The promotional price types are:
- Clearance – Adds a Clearance badge, the price (the actual sale price) and a comparison price on the Item page.
- Reduced – The same as Clearance, but with a Reduced badge on the Item page.
- SubMAP Cart – Displays the price on the checkout page only.
- SubMAP Checkout – Similar to SubMAP cart, except that the price only displays for a customer who is logged in and is in the checkout.
XSD Attributes for Setting Up a Promotion
|replaceAll||Replaces all previously set promotions for a SKU. To delete all promotions for a SKU, set replaceAll to an empty payload. Set replaceAll to false when using the processMode UPSERT or DELETE.||Boolean||Yes||true|
|effectiveDate||The effective start date for a given promotion||String||Yes||N/A|
|expirationDate||The end date for a given promotion. It should be no more than 365 days from the current date and time.||String||Yes||N/A|
|currentPrice||The current price for the item. If setting a promotion, set this value to the promotional price.||String||No||N/A|
|currentPriceType||The current price Type to indicate a promotion, such as REDUCED or CLEARANCE||String||No||N/A|
|comparisonPrice||The regular (BASE) or list price of the item. If a promotion is set up, this price may display as the ‘was’ price.||String||Yes||N/A|
|promoId||A system-generated ID for each promotion. Can be used to update or delete an existing promotion.||String||No||N/A|
|processMode||Use the processMode attribute to update or delete a promotion. To update a promotion for a SKU that includes multiple promotions, set the processMode to UPSERT and include a promoId. To delete a SKU, set the processMode to DELETE and include the promoId to be deleted. Additionally, a promotion can be updated or deleted by sending in a startDate and endDate for an SKU.||String||Yes||N/A|
|processModeType||Valid values are UPSERT or DELETE||String||No||N/A|
XML & JSON Schema files
You can download the Price schema files that contain attributes for Promotions. See XML Schema Files and JSON Schema Files sections in Price Management API Overview
To learn more about Promotions, see Help Center article: https://sellerhelp.walmart.com/seller/s/guide?article=000006414
To learn how to use Excel bulk upload, see Help Center: https://sellerhelp.walmart.com/seller/s/guide?article=000006435