The Walmart Order APIs help sellers to manage their customer sales orders and to stay up-to-date on the order fulfillment process. Use the Order APIs to issue refunds, ship orders, acknowledge orders, cancel orders, and get all released orders.
When a customer places an order on Walmart.com, Walmart system creates a Sales Order that sellers use to generate the Purchase Order. A Sales Order can contain one or more Purchase Orders from multiple Sellers. Every unique item that is ordered in a Purchase Order has a line number.
Order Management XML Schemas
All XSD files are available in the Order Management zip file: OrderManagementV3.zip
The zip file contains all V3 and V2 XSD files.
Order object structure
Each purchase order contains one or more order lines; each line item represents a unique item that a customer orders. Line items inherit structure from the purchase order, however purchase orders do not inherit status.
Line Item Statuses
The valid statuses for a line item are:
- Created: The Purchase Orders for the line items are created and have been released from the Walmart Order Management System to the Seller for processing. You will need to acknowledge this order before shipping.
- Acknowledged: The Purchase Order has been acknowledged by the assigned Sellers, including all of its order line items. If it is in this state by default, it already has been acknowledged.
- Shipped: The items included in the purchase order have been shipped.
- Cancelled: The line order has been cancelled. Sellers cannot fulfill the Purchase Order.
- Delivered: The line order has been delivered. Purchase order lines that are delivered to customers have status=Delivered.
Walmart supports these charge types:
- PRODUCT: The product charges for the specified line item in Purchase Order.
- SHIPPING: The shipping charges for the specified Purchase Order line item. Walmart only support UTC shipDateTime.
To get a view of the entire workflow from Customer order to order delivery, see Order Process diagram. It shows all system checks, Seller API calls, and notifications sent to customers at stages of the order process.
Order Refund Process
The Refund Process diagram illustrates all steps from the Customer, Seller, and Walmart system processes to issue a customer refund.