The Item Management APIs enable you to set up and manage items on Walmart.com. Once you have completed Registration and have access to your Consumer ID and Private Key, you can get started with the integration process.
For Sellers and Partners looking for general help with item set up, go to SellerHelp Walmart. This Knowledge Base helps Partners and Sellers with a wide variety of topics ranging from Variant Setup to Swatches.
The item is the basic building block for all of your operations. An item includes the product you are trying to sell as well as the listing price for that product. To make your items available for customers to purchase on Walmart.com the items must have their prices adjusted (optional), have inventory assigned, submitted and published.
A submitted item is one that has been successfully parsed and classified. The amount of time this takes is typically a few hours.
A published item is one that has had all necessary attributes confirmed and has been back-flushed through all required Walmart systems. Publishing typically takes a few hours.
Submission and publishing are triggered by a single action on the part of the Seller, while adding or changing inventory is a separate action. A monitoring process should be set up to ensure your items are pushed to Walmart.com.
The Marketplace APIs provide two item spec versions: item spec v3.2 and v4.2. The legacy version v3.2 does not provide the enhanced setup workflow, and other improvements. We recommend that you use the new optimized Item spec v4.2 to take advantage of improvements.
Optimized Item setup and maintenance with Item Spec 4
Item spec v4 optimizes the Walmart Global Data Model with new and improved existing attributes, and a faster, more efficient item setup and maintenance process. Improvements include:
- Better data definitions, modern attribute names, and precise attribute organization.
- Increased buyer search discoverability for your items.
- Increased variant grouping options that organize products in site navigation for better buyer visibility.
- New product and compliance attributes.
- Single setup process with one spec for combined Marketplace and WFS items.
- Automated product tax code assignment.
- Ability to set Sales restrictions for WFS-eligible items by state or zip code due to reasons: Commercial, or Illegal for sale.
To take advantage of the new item management efficiency, make sure to use the Item 4.2 spec and new feed types when you do your initial setup with the Bulk item setup API.