To grow your business, you can use Insights API to learn actionable information critical to building your business and catalog offerings.
With the Insights API you can learn actionable information about your current listings: Top trending items, unpublished items, and quality of item listings.
You can programmatically do many of the tasks in the Seller Center’s Analytics areas such as Assortment Growth, exploring item best sellers by department and category, and view your unpublished items with the Insights APIs. To learn more about Growth Opportunities, see Analytics and Reports Dashboards in the Seller Center.
Top Trending Items API
You can look at what items are current best sellers on Walmart.com. Use the Trending Items API to generate a list of trending items to add them to your offerings, and use the Utilities APIs to locate the department and category IDs.
Use the Trending Items API and Utilities APIs to discover what items are currently trending best sellers at Walmart. Find out top selling item in each department or department category, and find out top selling items at Walmart during the holiday season.
- Get all Departments API – Locate all Department names and Department IDs.
- Get all Categories API – Locate all Category Names and Category IDs within a department.
- Get Trending Items API – Specify DepartmentID to get top selling items in that department.
Unpublished Items API
Get insights into why your items are getting unpublished with Unpublished Items APIs. Find out reasons why items got unpublished and republish them. Find out what is the total cost of all items unpublished for a specific reason
- Get Unpublished Item Count API – Specify a date to return all unpublished items since that date. Response includes total count of unique items unpublished per reason code, with total cost of all unpublished items per reason code.
- Get Unpublished Items API – Specify reason code, to return item details.
To fine-tune your offerings, and republish items that went unpublished, you can use Unpublished Items API.
Listing Quality API
Sellers can optimize and grow their business by learning key metrics about the quality of their listings, and get their overall listing quality score with the Listing Quality API.
- Get seller’s listing quality score – View a seller’s Listing Quality score for their entire catalog of listings with the Seller Listing Quality Score API.
- Find categories with Listing Quality issues – locate all item categories that currently have items with Listing Quality issues, use GET Categories with Listing Quality Issues API.
- Filter for item listing quality metrics – look at item-level listing quality details with the Item Listing Quality Details API.
About Listing Quality
Item listing quality is based on four metric categories. These metrics measure the overall and item-level listing quality for sellers:
- Content – Item title (i.e. inaccurate product name), item description (e.g. missing, misspelled, too long) and image quality (e.g. not enough images, low resolution).
- Discoverability – how easy it is for buyers to locate your items by how they populate the left navigation and in searches. This includes attributes for brand, manufacturer part numbers, colors, and size.
- Offer – how competitive the price is compared to other sellers, how many shipping speeds are provided (e.g. (TwoDay, ThreeDay), whether or not the item is published and available for sale (i.e. inventory is available).
- Ratings & Reviews – buyer rating and reviews for your items.
To see a comprehensive list of Listing Quality issues, see Content and Discoverability section in the Seller Help article.
To view your seller’s Listing Quality score in the Seller Center, go to the Listing Quality Dashboard under Analytics > Growth Opportunities.