Walmart Fulfillment Services (WFS) offers sellers another tool to grow their business and reach more customers by fulfilling orders at Walmart Fulfillment Centers (FC)s. Order fulfillment with WFS is fast, at a low-cost to sellers.
Sellers can store their inventory at Walmart FCs and get access to Walmart’s omni channel capabilities such as our Free & Easy Returns program, that provides a competitive advantage that no other third-party service can offer.
WFS allows sellers to increase sales by offering free 2-day shipping, and get Buy Box prominence with the 2-Day tag to their items.
To learn the advantages to using WFS, see: Walmart Fulfillment Services.
WFS Inbound Order and Shipment Workflow
To create new inbound orders (IO)s and ship inventory to fulfillment centers, there is a new process.
WFS API Workflow
To set up items for WFS and create Inbound Orders (IO) to ship inventory to WFS fulfillment network, use the WFS fulfillment APIs in this order:
|Note: You can either set up items with the WFS item spec, or convert existing items with the WFS conversion spec. Select either Option 1 or Option 2.|
- Option 1: Set up items for ingestion with the WFS item spec. Call Bulk Item Setup (Multiple) API.
- Option 2: Convert existing ingested items for use with WFS: Call Convert items for WFS API:
- Create an Inbound Order (IO). Call Create inbound Shipment API:
- Check for errors in the IO. Call Inbound Shipment Errors API:
- Get IO shipment-level details. Call Get Shipments API:
- Get the IO SKU-level item details from fulfillment center. Call Inbound Shipment Items API:
- Update shipment quantities prior to delivery. Call Update Shipment Quantities API:
- Request shipping labels. Call Create Inbound Shipment Label API:
- Provide the shipment tracking information. Call Update Shipment Tracking API:
- Cancel an IO. Call Cancel Inbound Shipment API: