The Walmart Marketplace API provides resources for seller applications to manage items, orders, prices, promotions, inventory and reports on Walmart.com. The Walmart Developer Center provides all the tools you need to directly integrate with the Walmart Marketplace API.
Register as a Walmart Seller
To get started with Marketplace APIs, you need to go through the registration process in Walmart Seller Help.
- To start the integration process, you need to register Marketplace Seller to get your Client ID and a Secret Key. Go to https://seller.mx.prod.walmart.com/login.
- Go through onboarding and registration steps in Seller Help Getting Started.
- Make sure you have been approved to sell your items on Walmart Marketplace.
Integrate with Marketplace API
To use the Marketplace API, you need to upload the XML or Excel file that contains information about your request. You can upload the Excel file to the Seller Center. Alternatively, you can extract the XML file from the XSD that is available for download in this documentation.
Download XSD schema files
Each resource (e.g. Orders) requires its own XSD file that contains the XML format specification. You can download the XSD file from each resource within this Guide. For example, to get the Orders XSD, go to Order Management. We include a few examples of the relevant XML for each API. The general structure of the responses are shown in the right panel examples.
Each XML file may contain the namespace and other parameters. The real value of the namespace could be wm, ns2, ns3 or any other random value and the XML structure should be compliant with the XSD schema. Walmart APIs are case-sensitive (including URLs, elements and parameters) and support UTF-8 character set only.
Walmart validates XML requests against the XSDs prior to processing. Make sure to validate your Feeds before you send them to Walmart. You can use any third-party tool to validate the XML. To find a tool, searh for “XML Validator.”
Invalid Requests return a parsing error in Response, either in the Feed status or in the Item status:
- If the Feed is not valid, the feedStatus will show “ERROR.”
- If an Item is not valid, ingestionStatus will show “DATA ERROR.”