The Walmart Developer Portal provides a Delegated Access authorization to allow partners to create separate, delegated access for each Solution Provider. Delegated Access allows management of Solution Providers’ API keys and gives them access to specific services (content, items setup, order management, etc.). It is recommended to implement this feature.
The benefits of Delegated Access include:
- Ability to define which endpoints the Solution Providers can access.
- Monitor the status of all Solution Providers.
- Option to revoke access of a specific Solution Provider.
- Ability to reset the API secret of a Solution Provider. Resetting the secret will only affect that user’s integrations.
- Log into the Developer Portal.
- Select API Keys from the pull-down menu under your name.
- Add a new Solution Provider from the dropdown and set permissions for the provider. Each Solution Provider will be assigned a different Client ID/Client Secret.
- Share the corresponding Client ID/Client Secret information with your Solution Provider.
- Solution Provider uses the Client ID/Client Secret to call the Token API to get the access token.
You and your Solution Providers must have a contract with Walmart before obtaining delegated access. You cannot add new Solution Providers if they have not signed a contract using this method. If your Solution Provider is not listed in the dropdown, contact Walmart.