The Walmart Order Management APIs help Sellers to manage customer’s Sales Orders and to stay up-to-date on orders fulfillment, which orders to fulfill, and when to fulfill them.
When a customer places an on-line order with Walmart, it creates a Sales Order and this Sales Order is used to generate the Purchase Order. The Sales Order may contain one or more Purchase Orders that may be assigned to different Sellers. Every unique item that is ordered in a Purchase Order has a line number.
Order Management Spec
Extract the Order Management XSDs from the below directory:
A Walmart order object represents a purchase order and consists of a group of one or more line items that a customer ordered.
Note: The order has no inherit status, but the line items do.
The valid statuses for a line item are:
- Created: The Purchase Orders for the line items are created and have been released from the Walmart Order Management System to the Seller for processing. You will need to acknowledge this order before shipping.
- Acknowledged: The Purchase Order has been acknowledged by the assigned Sellers, including all of its order line items. If it is in this state by default, it already has been acknowledged.
- Shipped: The items included in the purchase order has been shipped.
- Cancelled: The line order has been cancelled. Sellers cannot fulfill the Purchase Order.
The values that supports Walmart Charge Types are:
- PRODUCT: The product charges for the specified line item in Purchase Order.
- SHIPPING: The shipping charges for the specified Purchase Order line item. Walmart only support UTC shipDateTime.
To successfully fulfill and /or refund orders properly, Walmart follows the Order Process workflow: